- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (put the rack in the middle of the oven) & grease a loaf pan
- Melt butter in a large mixing bowl
- Add sugar and eggs, mix well ( I use a whisk)
- Add bananas and mix well (I smash with the whisk as I mix them in)
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients (if you decide to make the apple cinnamon version, add the cinnamon here)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix with a spatula, stir until just moistened
- Add walnuts/chocolate chips (or apples if making that version) and stir until just mixed
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 min, then turn out onto the wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.
- I like to use less butter, rather than a half cup which is what the original recipe calls for, I put in ¼ cup of melted butter and add a ¼ cup or so of applesauce (one of the kids lunch applesauce cups is perfect!). It comes out really moist with the applesauce and not as rich.
- For the flour, you need to use 2 cups total (I use Gluten Free flour – Bob’s Red Mill cup for cup) but you can use 2 cups of regular white or 1 cup of white/1 cup of whole wheat