“Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.”
Huh, I thought this quote was actually from LeBron James. I wonder if Dwayne Johnson will end up running for president. I wouldn’t be totally surprised.
I’m excited to be back home and moving a few projects forward! National calendars are getting released, and athletes are making plans as we pull ourselves out of the latest wave of the pandemic.
Tempo Kit Order!
THE STORE IS OPEN AND THE KITS ARE BEAUTIFUL!
Welcome to the Voler Online Ordering System
Your team has decided to use the Voler Custom Online Order System for collecting and processing your cycling apparel order. Please follow the steps below to place your individual order for inclusion in the overall team order.
- Click on this link to access your team order site: http://www.voler.com/custom/ordering/li/41899
- Click on “LOGIN” to enter your Login/Billing Info. Click on “Create Account” to save the information and to create your new User ID and Password. You will automatically be directed to the home page for your team order. If you are a returning customer, please use your original Login and Password.
- Click on “Begin Shopping” to gain access to the orderable products page. To place items in your shopping cart, click on the item you want to order, then the options you want to select, then the “Add to cart” button. You can choose to “View Your Bag” or “Continue Shopping” after adding each item. Repeat these steps for each item you want to order.
- After placing the last item you want to order in your shopping cart, click on “View Your Bag” to display the items. Carefully review the items and make any necessary modifications or deletions. Because each item is custom built, refunds and exchanges will not be accepted. After you have confirmed your order is correct, click on “Proceed to Checkout” to complete the secure checkout process by entering your credit card payment information.
- After you have completed the secure checkout process, an Order Confirmation will automatically be displayed and e-mailed to you for your records.
- After the order deadline date has passed, you will no longer be able to access the order site. If you have not completed the checkout process for your order by this date, any items in your cart will be removed. The Order Deadline and the Order Ship Date are displayed on the order homepage. The Ship Date is the date that your order will be shipped from Voler.
Studies Of Interest
Feeding Tolerance, Glucose Availability, and Whole-Body Total Carbohydrate and Fat Oxidation in Male Endurance and Ultra-Endurance Runners in Response to Prolonged Exercise, Consuming a Habitual Mixed Macronutrient Diet and Carbohydrate Feeding During Exercise
A fantastic study that mildly challenges the “ Eat Low, Train High” paradigm and reinforces the old maxim of trying a nutritional strategy in training before racing it. I’m very interested in getting in 90 grams/hour of CHO and have been trying the Maurten sports drink lately with great results, but I’m not sure how many people can successfully absorb this much CHO per hour and how many people that think they are absorbing that much are instead slowly filling their stomachs. It’s awesome the whole study is available at this link, there are a lot of nuances and not just an abstract.
Kudos And Results
Noah Hayes- 14th Overall, Rock Cobbler, Bakersfield, CA. That’s a helluva leader board, dude. Nice work.
Sarah Roth- 4th China Camp 10K- W 50-54
Kudos to the whole Ms. Tempo crew, all of them getting on the podium!
Owen Irving- 4th TBF MTB Classic High School Expert M, Granite Bay, CA
Noah Bott- 10th TBF Classic, High School Expert M, Granite Bay, CA
Kenny Ro- 13th CCCX #1, Cat 1 Men 45-54, Monterey, CA
Noah Bott, 16th Cat 1 M U18, CCCX#1, Monterey, CA
I’m excited to be a SMP Saddle Test Center! I should have saddles to try in a week or so. If you prefer a more rounded shape, these can be some real winners.